You must have all of these:
- Experience building Umbraco 7 sites
- A working knowledge of .NET and C#
- Intelligent and able to write clean, well thought out code
- Keen to learn new technology
- Excellent, demonstrable understanding of coding standards and best practices
- Enthusiasm for technology and creating websites
Experience in any of the following would be great:
- Creating Umbraco modules
- Have made Umbraco modules available on our.umbraco.org
- Writing unit tests and using unit test frameworks
- Working using agile/scrum
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- SQL, T-SQL experience
- Making fast, responsive websites
Your responsibilities would include:
- Supporting in the technical development of projects.
- Ensuring you produce the best possible work you can and using the team around you for support.
- Liaising with your team and producers on projects and regularly updating them on progress.
- Coming up with new ideas and innovations to make better products.
- Actively participate with the team in planning and reviews.
As an ambitious and pro-active Developer you could easily make yourself indispensable at Gibe. We have aggressive expansion in mind and this would be an opportunity to grow your role as the company grows.
- Salary from £30,000 to £35,000 depending on experience and capability
- Discretionary bonus
- Inclusion in the company pension scheme
- 20 days holiday, bank holidays, plus 2 weeks holiday over Christmas on top of your holiday allowance
- An annual company trip - this year we're going to Croatia - Split (last year we did a long weekend in Prague, the years before it was Paris and Amsterdam)
- Monthly socials on the company
- Free soft drinks and beers
- Free breakfasts and fruit
- Training budget for courses and conferences of your choosing
- You get to spec and build your own machine with a decent budget, 2 large monitors and comprehensive software.
Gibe is a digital agency based right in the centre of Bristol. We specialise in technically complex .NET sites, predominately ecommerce, and have even developed our own ecommerce software which we use alongside 3rd party systems. As we’re a small team everyone has the opportunity to contribute and make a real difference to the company.
We use scrum to manage all of the work going through the studio, running fortnightly sprints. You’ll have the best tools available. Your first task when starting is to spec and build your own PC and install all the latest software.
Our offices are located near the SS Great Britain on the harbour side. It's very easy to commute here via any mode of transport, and if you cycle we have secure bike storage. There are plenty of local places to get lunch for all budgets, for post work drinks and there is a gym within commuting difference if you're the active type.
We have a laid back but professional culture, we have free beer and soft drinks in the office, table football, and casual dress code. On top of that, we’re a social bunch that try and keep a good work/life balance. We do regular socials, which have included: clay pigeon shooting, games nights, bar openings, pool tournaments and weekends away aboard.
If this sounds like your thing give us a call on 0117 428 6650, send us an email or pop in for a chat.
(Dear recruiters, please don't call us, we like to do these things ourselves)
Why work at Gibe Digital?
Having asked the team what the best bit about Gibe is, they unanimously said, "our team". We believe it's important to have a team that can support each other, get on great and share talent.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Christmas bonuses
- Central Harbourside location
- Annual Company trip abroad
- Training and career development opportunities
- Free soft drinks and beer
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Regular company socials
- Brand new offices (with Foosball)
- Build your own computer to your perfect spec - as we know how important your machine is
- And, generally there's fresh-baked cakes every other week!
If this sounds like you, give us a call on 0117 428 6650 or send us an email.