Senior lead developer
We need a top-rate Lead Developer to join our team.
We need developers with experience of, or wishing to progress into, the role of not only being great at delivering your own great work but also supporting and managing a team to deliver fantastic software.
Must-haves from a lead developer
You must have all of these:
- Ability and passion to write great code
- Very strong commercial ability developing .NET using C#
- Experience with, or certainly the drive, to lead your own team of developers
- Intelligent, quick learner
- Keen to learn new technology and try new techniques
- Enthusiasm for technology, software development and creating websites
- Excellent, demonstrable understanding of coding standards and best practices
- Good knowledge of SQL/T-SQL
- Understanding of the full project life cycle
Experience in any of the following would be great:
- Writing unit tests and using unit test frameworks
- Experience working with agile/scrum
- A good working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- ASP.NET MVC
- Making fast, responsive websites
- An agency background where you're used to working on multiple projects with fast-paced challenging briefs.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Taking the technical lead on projects including requirements gathering, design specification, development, deployment, testing and client support.
- Assisting and mentoring other members of the development team.
- Assisting with the recruitment of new developers as the company continues to grow.
- Liaising with your team and producers on projects and regularly updating them on progress.
- Bringing new ideas and process improvements to the team.
- Actively participate with the team in agile planning, reviews and retrospectives.
- Use appropriate agile practices and tools to efficiently develop new software, and change existing code. E.g. pair-programming, test-driven development, user stories, code reviews etc.
- Ensure that knowledge is shared across the team.
An ambitious and pro-active Lead Developer could easily make themselves indispensable at Gibe. We have aggressive expansion in mind and this would be an opportunity to grow your role as the company grows.
- Salary from £40,000 to £60,000 depending on experience
- Discretionary bonus
- Inclusion in the company pension scheme
- 20 days holiday plus 2 weeks extra over Christmas
- An annual company trip with flights and accommodation paid for by Gibe - we've previously been to Paris, Amsterdam and Prague
- Monthly socials on the company
- Free soft drinks and beer
- Free breakfasts and fruit
- Training budget for courses and conferences of your choosing
- You get to spec and build your own machine with a decent budget, 2 large monitors and comprehensive software.
Gibe is a digital agency based right in the centre of Bristol. We specialise in technically complex .NET websites, predominately ecommerce. We have developed our own ecommerce software which we use alongside 3rd party systems. As we’re a small team everyone has the opportunity to contribute and make a real difference to the company.
We use Scrum to manage all of the work going through the studio, running fortnightly sprints.
Our harbourside offices are a very easy commute and if you cycle we've secure bike storage. There are many local places for lunch and post-work drinks and a gym nearby if you're the active type.
We have a laid-back but professional culture, table football, and casual dress code. On top of that, we’re a social bunch that try and keep a good work/life balance. We do regular socials, which have included: clay pigeon shooting, games nights, bar openings, pool tournaments and trips away aboard.
If this sounds like your thing give us a call on 0117 428 6650, send us an email or pop in for a chat.
(Dear recruiters, please don't call us, we like to do these things ourselves)
Why work at Gibe Digital?
Having asked the team what the best bit about Gibe is, they unanimously said, "our team". We believe it's important to have a team that can support each other, get on well and share knowledge.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Christmas bonuses
- Central harbourside location
- Annual company trip abroad
- Training and career development
- Free soft drinks
- Friday beer o'clock
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Regular company socials
- Brand new offices
- Build your own computer - we know how important your machine is
- And, there's regularly fresh-baked cakes from the team (some of them!)
If this sounds like you, give us a call on 0117 428 6650 or send us an email.