Senior Front-end Developer
Are you an intelligent, creative front-end expert?
Can you interpret requirements and deliver something that will wow our clients?
If so you may be who we’re after. We are looking for a front end developer to work in our team of developers. You’ll be working with the rest of the team to create and optimise some of the best sites on the web.
As a senior front-end you'll be responsible for overseeing all of the output of the agency, making sure everything we make meets a good standard. You'll also be responsible for mentoring and developing more junior team members and freelancers. We're looking at updating our technology stack so any experience you can bring with the latest front-end technologies would be favourable.
You should be familiar with issues around SEO and accessibility so that the sites we build are available to as wide an audience as possible.
- Great at building complex response sites
- Understand progressive enhancement
- Capable of mentoring other developers
- Able to create pixel perfect sites that work on all devices
- Experience with well structured CSS (like BEM)
- Skilled with SASS and Gulp
- Able to create SEO friendly websites
- Knowledge of how to put together accessible websites
- A creative person who is able to design in browser
- Good eye for detail
Any of the following would be an advantage
- Umbraco experience
- Bootstrap experience
- Any C# / ASP.NET experience
- Salary from £30,000 to £40,000 or more depending on experience
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Inclusion in the company pension scheme
- 20 days holiday plus another two weeks extra over Christmas
- An annual company trip with flights and accommodation paid for by Gibe - we've previously been to Paris, Amsterdam and Prague
- Monthly socials on the company
- Free soft drinks and beer
- Free breakfasts and fruit
- Training budget for courses and conferences of your choosing
- You get to spec and build your own machine with a decent budget, 2 large monitors and comprehensive software.
Why work at Gibe Digital?
Having asked the team what the best bit about Gibe is, they unanimously said, "our team". We believe it's important to have a team that can support each other, get on well and share knowledge.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Christmas bonuses
- Central harbourside location
- Annual company trip abroad
- Training and career development
- Free soft drinks
- Friday beer o'clock
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Regular company socials
- Brand new offices
- Build your own computer - we know how important your machine is
- And, there's regularly fresh-baked cakes from the team (some of them!)
If this sounds like you, give us a call on 0117 428 6650 or send us an email.