We need a talented coder to build great software.
We know that for many developers as your career progresses it's "expected" that you must take on more duties leading teams and spend less time coding. Well if all you want to do is amazing development we have a place for you here at Gibe! This role is all about the hard-core coders who's perfect day starts and ends fully focused on making things work!
Must-haves from a senior web developer
You must have all of these:
- Ability and passion to write great code
- At least five years experience developing .NET using C#
- Intelligent, quick learner
- Keen to learn new technology and try new techniques
- Enthusiasm for technology, software development and creating websites
- Excellent, demonstrable understanding of coding standards and best practices
- Good knowledge of SQL/T-SQL
- Understanding of the full project lifecycle
Experience in any of the following would be great:
- Writing unit tests and using unit test frameworks
- Experience working with agile or scrum
- Making ecommerce or writing code for ecommerce, booking system or similar software
- Making fast, responsive websites
- An agency background where you're used to working on multiple projects with fast-paced challenging briefs.
- Or a clientside background where you're used to working on supporting longer-term projects.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Taking ownership of your own work and working within a team to deliver technically robust code
- Keeping project managers up to date on progress
- Actively participate with the team in agile planning, reviews and retrospectives.
- Use appropriate agile practices and tools to efficiently develop new software, and change existing code. E.g. pair-programming, test-driven development, user stories, code reviews etc.
An ambitious and pro-active Senior Developer could easily make him or herself indispensable at Gibe. We have aggressive expansion in mind and this would be an opportunity to grow your role as the company grows.
- Experience dependant salary from £40,000 to £60,000
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Inclusion in the company pension scheme
- 20 days holiday plus another two weeks extra over Christmas
- An annual company trip with flights and accommodation paid for by Gibe - we've previously been to Paris, Amsterdam and Prague
- Monthly socials on the company
- Free soft drinks and beer
- Free breakfasts and fruit
- Training budget for courses and conferences of your choosing
- You get to spec and build your own machine with a decent budget, 2 large monitors and comprehensive software.
Gibe is a digital agency based right in the centre of Bristol. We specialise in technically complex .NET sites, predominately ecommerce. We have developed our own ecommerce software which we use alongside 3rd party systems. As we’re a small team everyone has the opportunity to contribute and make a real difference to the company.
We use Scrum to manage all of the work going through the studio, running fortnightly sprints.
Our harbourside offices are a very easy commute and if you cycle we've secure bike storage. There are many local places for lunch and post-work drinks and a gym nearby if you're the active type.
We have a laid-back but professional culture, table football and casual dress code. On top of that, we’re a social bunch that try and keep a good work/life balance. We do regular socials, which have included: clay pigeon shooting, games nights, bar openings, pool tournaments and trips away .
If this sounds like your thing give us a call on 0117 428 6650, send us an email or pop in for a chat.
However, if you're the type who wants to also manage others we've got a role for Lead Developers also!
(Dear recruiters, please don't call us, we like to do these things ourselves)
Why work at Gibe Digital?
Having asked the team what the best bit about Gibe is, they unanimously said, "our team". We believe it's important to have a team that can support each other, get on well and share knowledge.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Christmas bonuses
- Central harbourside location
- Annual company trip abroad
- Training and career development
- Free soft drinks
- Friday beer o'clock
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Regular company socials
- Brand new offices
- Build your own computer - we know how important your machine is
- And, there's regularly fresh-baked cakes from the team (some of them!)
If this sounds like you, give us a call on 0117 428 6650 or send us an email.