We need a QA Engineer to join the team with a keen eye for detail and great communications skills.
Gibe has been busily growing over the past couple of years and we need to introduce a second tester to our testing team to work alongside our senior tester. You will have had a previous role as a QA Engineer or tester and know it’s the QA life for you, we’re looking for you to hit the ground running!
Must haves from a QA Engineer
You must have all of these:
- 1+ years experience testing websites and web applications
- Ability to create test plans from use cases, wireframes and functional specifications
- Solid understanding of web technologies, devices and browsers
- Experience using CMS or eCommerce platforms
- An understanding of agile development practices
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- First class communication skills
- A self-managing team player, managing your own time and being able to cope with multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Experience working with JIRA
- Automated testing experience with tools such as Selenium
- Experience writing Gherkins
- Experience with browser testing tools such as Browserstack
- Knowledge of Behavior Driven Development
Your responsibilities would include:
- Working in an agile team, ensuring the quality of delivered work within our 2 weekly sprints
- Actively participating in sprint ceremonies: daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review & retrospective and backlog pre-planning meetings
- Identifying when features do not meet expected behaviour and explaining your observation to the development team/producers
- Ensuring the team is adhering to their definition of done and not being afraid to call the team to task
- Performing manual testing to ensure that work items meet the acceptance criteria you help define
- Reviewing the output of automated tests suites
- Experience dependent salary from £23,000 to £27,000 (negotiable upwards if you have a higher level of experience)
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Inclusion in the company pension scheme
- 20 days holiday plus another two weeks extra over Christmas
- An annual company trip with flights and accommodation paid for by Gibe - we've previously been to Rome, Paris, Amsterdam and Prague
- Monthly socials on the company
- Free soft drinks and beer
- Free breakfasts and fruit
- Training budget for courses and conferences of your choosing
Gibe is a digital agency based right in the centre of Bristol. We specialise in technically complex .NET sites, predominately CMS and eCommerce. We have developed our own eCommerce software which we use alongside 3rd party systems. As we’re a small team everyone has the opportunity to contribute and make a real difference to the company.
We use Scrum to manage all of the work going through the studio, running fortnightly sprints.
Our harbourside offices are a very easy commute and if you cycle we have secure bike storage. There are many local places for lunch/post-work drinks and a gym nearby if you're the active type.
We have a laid-back but professional culture, table football and casual dress code. On top of that, we’re a social bunch that try and keep a good work/life balance. We do regular socials, which have included: clay pigeon shooting, games nights, bar openings, pool tournaments and trips away.
If this sounds like your thing give us a call on 0117 428 6650, send us an email or pop in for a chat.
(Dear recruiters, please don't call us, we like to do these things ourselves)
Why work at Gibe Digital?
Having asked the team what the best bit about Gibe is, they unanimously said, "our team". We believe it's important to have a team that can support each other, get on well and share knowledge.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Christmas bonuses
- Central harbourside location
- Annual company trip abroad
- Training and career development
- Free soft drinks
- Friday beer o'clock
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Regular company socials
- Brand new offices
- Build your own computer - we know how important your machine is
- And, there's regularly fresh-baked cakes from the team (some of them!)
If this sounds like you, give us a call on 0117 428 6650 or send us an email.